Pre-Draft Public Consultation Strategic Issues Paper - Dungarvan and Ballinroad Local Area Plan
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF A LOCAL AREA PLAN?
Waterford City and County Council are commencing the preparation of a Local Area Plan (LAP) for Dungarvan and Ballinroad. The purpose of this LAP is to set out an overarching strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the town over the life of the LAP to 2029. The LAP will incorporate a spatial framework for guiding the future development of transportation, regeneration, heritage, social and community infrastructure/ amenities and natural/ cultural assets in Dungarvan and Ballinroad. The LAP will be based on and be fully consistent with the Waterford City and County Development Plan 2022 – 2028, and in particular the Vision, Strategic Outcomes, Land Use Zoning Objectives, Housing Strategy and other strategies underpinning the Development Plan. In other words, the LAP will give a local focus to the strategies of the Development Plan.
The LAP preparation process will involve public consultation at pre-draft, draft and possibly material alteration stage (if applicable). Consultation will help inform the preparation of the new Local Area Plan. This current stage is considered to be Stage 1 “Pre-Draft”, and includes the preparation of a strategic issues paper. The strategic issues paper is available to view and download as pdf here and can also be viewed as PDF in the Materials pane opposite.
Click here to download a copy of Dungarvan and Ballinroad LAP Issues Paper
The LAP process provides a fresh opportunity to take a ‘big picture’ approach to looking at the key issues affecting Dungarvan and Ballinroad and plot a development strategy for future sustainable growth and regeneration. A successful LAP is one that provides for a robust development framework which both implements quality planning outcomes, and also enjoys broad-based community support within a settlement.
As can be seen from the LAP Timeframe, there will be further opportunities for you to participate in the plan making process at a later date. We encourage you to take every opportunity to inform the LAP. In order to facilitate public engagement and discussion, an in person town hall meeting will be held on Wednesday 15th February from 16:00 hrs - 19:00 hrs at the The Civic Offices, Dungarvan. This meeting will help to inform members of the public and community groups of the broad range of issues relevant to the future development of Dungarvan and Ballinroad and the role that the Local Area Plan has in directing, facilitating and managing such development.
15th February from 16:00 to 19:00 at Civic Offices, Davitt's Quay, Dungarvan.
WE WELCOME YOUR SUBMISSIONS
Submissions or observations may be made to the Planning Authority from Tuesday 7th February until Tuesday 7th March 2023 (both dates inclusive) and can be submitted by only one of the following methods:
1. Please make your submission online on the Dungarvan and Ballinroad Local Area Plan’s dedicated public consultation portal: https://consult.waterfordcouncil.ie/
2. In writing: ‘Draft Dungarvan and Ballinroad LAP 2023 – 2029’ , c/o The Planning Department, Waterford City and County Council, Menapia Building, The Mall, Waterford City. X91 FXN4.
Please make your submission by one medium only (i.e. in hard copy or via consultation portal). This will avoid the duplication of submission reference numbers and will streamline the process. All submissions should be clearly marked ‘Tramore Local Area Plan 2023 - 2029’.
CONTENT OF SUBMISSION
In respect of making a submission or observation please note the following;
- Submissions should relate to the proper planning and sustainable development of the area.
- Children or groups or associations representing the interest of children are entitled to make submissions or observations regarding the objectives and policies to deliver an overall strategy for the proper planning and sustainable development of the area of the LAP.
- Planning legislation requires that a LAP be consistent with its overarching development plan so while no change will be made to the land use zoning provisions as set out in the Development Plan.
- We invite you to identify additional Specific Development Objectives which are local and site specific to your local area/ neighbourhood/ street.
- If you consider that you have a disability, please give details of any special requirements for public consultation purposes that you may have in order that appropriate arrangements can be made if necessary.
- All submissions must include your name and contact address, a map (where appropriate), and where relevant, details of any organisation, community group or company, etc, which you represent.
The closing date for receipt of submission to this Pre-Draft stage is Tuesday 7th March.
Data Protection: Note: Submissions received by the Planning Authority will be published on Waterford City & County Council’s website at https://consult.waterfordcouncil.ie/ within 10 working days of receipt, along with your name in accordance with the Planning & Development (Amendment) Act 2018. Your contact details will not be published. Please do not include personal, confidential or other sensitive information in submissions. Queries: Email firstname.lastname@example.org